Your booking is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Check in time is between 5pm and 8pm. We understand some visitors may arrive slightly later due to ferry times etc. This is not a problem. Just let us know in advance. Otherwise the room will be available to re-let.
- Guests are asked to vacate their rooms by 9.30am.
- We realise that unforeseen circumstances can arise and we will endeavour to be as helpful as possible during these times to try and avoid charging cancellation costs. We ask that guests contact us as early possible if they need to cancel their booking so we can try to re-let your room/s.
- A valid credit card is required to guarantee your booking
- We offer free cancellation up until 2 days of arrival. If the booking is cancelled less than 2 days before arrival, then a charge equal to 50% of the booking will be made.
- Non-arrivals will be charged the full 100% for the duration of the booking.
- Should we need to cancel your booking, we will contact you as early as possible. If applicable, we will refund any deposit paid.
- To comply with our house and business insurance NO COOKING is allowed in the bed and breakfast rooms and no children under the age of 16 years old are to be left alone in the house without a responsible adult
- We do not offer self-catering facilities or laundry and no cooking is allowed in the rooms. Please DO NOT use any kind of small cooking appliance e.g rice cooker, mulit cooker, steamer
- We are a non-smoking household.
- Any guests refusing to comply with these requirements or displays any other unacceptable behaviours that could cause harm or offend others will be asked to leave. Account will be required to be settled before departure and no refund offered.
- Your fresh Continental Breakfast To Go is included and will be delivered to your door at 8am. Please let us know if you require breakfast to be delivered earlier and let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Please take care of our home. We understand that accidents can happen and if it does please let us know straight away so we can act quickly.
- Moorside is our home and we warmly welcome you into it but please remember to be respectful to it, to us and to our other guests.
- We do not normally charge for breakages but we reserve the right to charge for repair or making good if the damage is significant.
- Plenty of guest parking spaces are available out the front. We are not responsible for any damage or theft to vehicles or contents.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and safety for all our guests, our day-to-day operations have be reviewed and specific measures have been put in place at Moorside Rooms in accordance with UK Government and Industry wide guidelines:
Contactless Check In and Check Out
Leading up to your arrival day I will receive a message you confirming when your room is ready for check in, your Room Number & the Main Door Access Code
Room keys can be collected in the entrance porch & will be cleaned and disinfected after each guest departure
Please use the sanitisers as you enter and leave the building.
Balance payable upon arrival, payment in cash or card is accepted.
Each morning a fresh continental Breakfast To Go will be left outside your door at 8am for you to enjoy either in your room or to take with you.
Cleaning & Disinfectant Routine
As ever, your room will be thoroughly cleaned and now also disinfected against the Covid-19 virus with products that are certified to European standards EN1276 & EN14476.
Windows will be kept open for as long as possible to allow air to pass through
I have completed the ‘We’re Good To Go’ certification scheme launched by VisitScotland and will follow the cleaning and disinfection protocols produced for the hospitality industry. This will include the extra cleaning of high touch points e.g. switches, door handles, surfaces etc.
Appropriate PPE will be worn during the cleaning process and discarded and replaced after each room is cleaned.
Your in room cups etc will be washed at high temperature in a dishwasher
We ask guests to use the sanitisers at the entrance and throughout the property in addition to regularly washing of hands.
Increased signage will be displayed to remind guests of the measures and new protocols. We ask guests are respectful to other guests in the communal entrance hall and observe social distancing.
Guests will be given access to our Digital Welcome Guide
Other in room information will be either single use material, such as paper and then disposed of, or laminated and disinfected.
Laundry & Light Housekeeping
All towels and bed linen will be washed at high temperatures
Fresh towels, linen, pillow and mattress protectors will be replaced after guests departure
Fresh single use tea, coffee & milk sachets will be replaced after each guest departure.
Guest rooms won’t be entered during your stay, unless staying for 5 nights or more.
Guests are asked to email or message me if you need any items replenished e.g. towels, coffee, tea etc. These will be left outside your door once you return from your day’s exploring.
Also, each morning if your bin needs emptying, please tie the bag closed and leave outside your bedroom door or you can dispose of it using the bin in the parking area.
Staff & Guest Well-being
I will constantly monitor my health and if I develop any symptoms I will follow the UK NHS Guidelines.
If this means I have to self isolate, I will endeavour to find local support so your booking can continue, however if this is not possible then I will give you as much notice as possible to cancel your booking and give you a full refund.
We ask that if guests have had any of the following symptoms in the 7 days leading up to your stay – a new or continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of taste or smell they SHOULD NOT travel to Moorside Rooms. Free cancellation will apply up until to 48 hours before your arrival date. After this time you will be charged
Please phone 119 and follow the UK NHS Government advice on self-isolation.
Please also contact me so I can re-arrange your booking.
If you become unwell during your stay and are unable to safely and directly return home, call NHS 111 for further advice. Please also let me know.
If you are unwell and unable to travel home, you will be expected to pay for the additional nights you stay whilst you isolate.
If within 14 days of departure you develop any of the above symptoms again you need to contact me straight away.
I hope you understand why these measures have been put in place and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during these new times.